Sunday, December 30, 2012

Miracles Waiting

With my husband's blessing, I have joined an online embryo donation community called Miracles Waiting.  We have been accepted as potential embryo recipients, and are waiting for our online profile to be approved.

I am so excited about the possibility here.  Traditional adoption just hasn't worked out for us so far, and I have not been able to raise much money to go toward the significant expenses involved.  The whole embryo adoption process could cost under $4,000 if the first transfer is successful.  That doesn't count pregnancy and birth related expenses, of course.  But our "insurance" (a Christian healthcare sharing program) has generous maternity coverage; it even covers home birth with a Certified Professional Midwife, which is my preference.

Being as passionate as I am about eating organic, whole foods, and emotionally protecting babies in utero by promoting a peaceful pregnancy and birth, it is also thrilling to me that I might have a measure of control over these factors for the children we adopt.

I don't know whether or not this will work out on so many levels.  But we have hoped for more children for a long time.  We feel called to love through adoption; and from where I stand, this seems reasonable and good and possible.  All I can do is pray for and embrace contentment right where I am, and advance at whatever rate the next steps are uncovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment